Wednesday 25 August 2010

First Post - Episode 0.3 1954-1973

This is my new blog, dedicated to the release of 'LOST - In The Detail', my chronological fanedit of the massive TV show Lost.

 I have rearranged the show in chronological order, not only placing all the flashbacks in correct timeline sequence, but also incorporating all deleted scenes, and including a number of intermissions relating to the Lost mythology as a whole. 

"But what are these intermissions?" you may ask....well, you could call them bonus features, or easter eggs, but they are all 'in universe' media that help to expand upon the overall Lost saga.

I have edited my re-edit into episodes that mostly run around the 45 minute mark, although some are longer and some shorter.  As I write this, I currently have 96 (!) episodes in the bag and ready to go, and am waiting for the DVD boxset of the final season, to complete my work.

I am well aware that there are several other such projects around, however I have deliberately not watched any of them (tempted though I've been).  I have been working on this project since roughly halfway through season 3 and haven't wanted my editing decisions to be influenced by anyone elses work.  I do feel that my incorporation of deleted scenes and other media help my work stand apart from these other edits, but I also have one other trick up my sleeve......the 1970's!

As any fan of the show knows, season 5 involved a certain time travel aspect....as my show is a chronological retelling it would me remiss of me to ignore the events of this season, but, with some careful editing, my aim has been to start the show on a mysterious note (much as it was in the beginning of the original series) so I have removed as many references to 'the future' as possible so that sawyer really is a stranded salvager named lafleur and jack, kate & hurley really are arrivals on the latest dharma sub, albiet with agenda of their own.....

As the season 6 boxset isn't out yet, my first two episodes are still to be completed (namely the jacob and richard backstorys), but to get the ball rolling, and to give people an idea of what I'm trying to achieve, I have uploaded what is essentially episode 3 of season zero to filefactory for people to download, watch, discuss and critique.  It is a 45 minute avi file (753mb) covering the years 1954-1973.

Thanks for reading and I hope you enojy my work.....heres the link for episode 1
(please see the MASSIVE UPDATE post for up-to-date links)

5 comments:

  1. First to comment....WOOHOO!!!

    having watched your Day 0 and Day 1 edit, I am really stoked about a Lost fan edit. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks mate,

    seems like you're the only one interested so far, so thanks for your support

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's not true, I'm sure more people are interested, and I'm one of them :)
    Would it be possible for you to upload this episode elsewhere, like megaupload - as filefactory works extreeeeemely slow for me.
    Really eager to see your work, thanks for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi INga, thanks for your comment. Once I've beaten the quality issues that are currently plaguing this project I will definately upload a revised episode 3 to megaupload

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for doing this!! I have yet to watch more than a few minutes, but I've been hoping someone would do this so I am quite excited!! :D

    ReplyDelete